Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Victorian dresses (1837 - 1901)

Pictures and illustrations of Cute and pretty Victorian era dresses 

Auguste Toulmouche - Dans la Bibliothèque
Jan Frederik Pieter Portielje - The Love Letter

This one, I'm not so sure about it's source. Supposedly it's from the Illustrated Police News December 11, 1869.

A duel between two ladies - Illustrated Police News December 11, 1869
Auguste Toulmouche - Dolce far niente

I like this navy themed one a lot. It's so Cute! Sadly, I couldn't find the source for these ones too.




William John Charles Pitcher - H.M.S. Pinafore costume

Book recommendation: Victorian Fashions: A Pictorial Archive.

Now this here book is exactly what it says on the cover, 123 pages filled with many illustrations of Victorian fashion goodness, mainly dresses. The book only has illustrations and the year that the trend came out, and that's it! So, if you're actually looking for reading material this is not the right book to look up. However, if you're like me and just want to look at pictures then, this is the book for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment